Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pay to meet people??


 So, I did it. I finally paid to join an online dating site. I kind of feel like a failure. Is this a desperate or hopeful move? I used to think it was pathetic, till a friend said it best: "Do you expect a job offer to fall on your lap? No, you go look for it. You make an effort." I get it. She has a point. I just didn't think I should be spending some of my paycheck on dates. Hmm...I guess it depends on how you see it. Recruiters get paid, and when I go to some places to meet men, there are at times a cover charge. Well, I decided to give it a whirl.
 Ladies and gents, it wasn't that different. I'll admit that the choice of men was definitely better than the free dating sites, but their approach was all wrong. There's this "wink" option that I called the "FB poke".
  "Hey there! *wink* come hither!" The men would "wink" and wait for you to reciprocate. If you do, then you're interested to chat.
No, it doesn't work like that. You're interested? Send an email. I, sure as hell, won't be winking back, because your shy ass is too scared to approach me. Gee....I wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment