Friday, March 18, 2011

YES I CAN!

 Ahhh!! How long has it been!? Way too long, that's for sure! So, let's see, have I popped any cherries since we last conversed? Why, yes I have. I went to our nation's capital, Washington, D.C., to visit Lexy. I have been there before when I was probably 14 or 15 years old. What I consider a new experience, though, is being able to visit a friend from home, elsewhere. I have lots of friends that moved out of Miami, and I never had a chance to visit them (No, Tati. Visiting you in Atlanta didn't count. Delta was nice enough to fly me out there for an interview, where I had the chance to also see you guys very quickly).
 I went with the intentions of visiting so much history, but with one main monument in mind. I was looking forward to seeing 'ol Honest Abe. Lincoln is probably one of my favorite presidents, and I just had to see the big guy on his porcelain throne. Wait, is it porcelain? Let's just say it is, because the joke would suck if it wasn't. Anyways, my trip consisted of booze, booze, Firefly, and more booze. It was flippin' delightful! It's now or never, no? Can I really do these types of trips when I'm partnered up and 40, and maybe with adopted Russian and Nicaraguan toddlers? No, I could not do these types of adventures. It was blissful! Oh, and there was icing on the cake, boys and girls. I met me some Aussies! Full blown "Dingo ate my baby" Aussies! YummMMmM....those accents are delish! Then again, I'm a sucker for any kind of accents. Hmm, no, not any.  Sadly, I was only able to get a Facebook name out of one of them. Crikey! I wanted my trip down under. Oi..Oi..Oi..
 DC, definitely left me wanting more. I loved the fact I was able to walk a block to the Metro, and be a hop, skip, and a jump away from museums, bars, monuments, Presidents, and somewhere I can pay tribute to admirable, courageous fallen soldiers. I could totally get used to living in an area like that. I forgot how much I missed living on the East coast. People are way different, and there's something in the air. Success? Persistence? Cut-throat competition? It's something you just have to experience. If you have lived it, and it wasn't your cup of tea, then no worries. It's not for everyone. You are, who you are; even if you're a dirty hippie west coaster, God still loves you. HAHAHAHAHA....
 While I was on this wonderful vacay, I realized something about me. Something I knew, but really never fully embraced it. Well, lately I have been. In fact, I've blogged about it. I'm a geek. I know this, you know this, but sometimes it's hard to be ok with it. I spent that weekend watching Firefly for the first time and loving it, having debates like "Batman vs. Superman", participating in trivia night (I knew the quote was from Princess Bride and another one from Tropic Thunder), and I was surrounded by  geeks, nerds, and NEEKS! It felt nice. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of those in Seattle. I have no regrets on moving here. If I would have never left Miami and it's beautiful SoBe, I would probably still be in the "geek closet". I'm glad I'm finding out who I am, and being okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment