Monday, January 3, 2011

Nanny Diaries...

 Today I was Mary frickn' Poppins! Oh, who am I kidding!? I was nowhere near a spoonful of sugar. My sister started her first day of work this week. I'm helping her out by watching my youngest nephew who still only goes half a day to school. I did the whole drop off thing, couple of house errands, and then picked him up. What do I feed this kid!? I've worked with children before, but they were all recreational activities. I did summer camps, after-school, and special events like birthdays or Holiday festivities. I've never been a nanny. Just because he's my nephew, doesn't mean it doesn't count.
 This is one "virgin" adventure I could have done without, thank you very much. It's official. I do not want kids. They're great when they're not yours. You enjoy them for an hour or so and give them right back. So, why would I want to put myself in a situation where I won't be able to get rid of them till they're 18 (if I'm lucky)? I don't understand you, pro-creators. More power to you, hippies! Friends and family have told me I won't truly know if I want kids or not till I meet the right man, and picture having a family with him. Has anyone ever thought about me meeting someone that doesn't want kids as well?! Not sure if you remember, but I'm the type of person that wants to upstage a 6 year old!!! hahahahahaha I'm terrible. Don't get me wrong; I love my nieces and nephews. I just appreciate the fact they have parents who are not me. =P
 To sum up, I have been hired by my sister to feed, play, and teach my nephew 5 days a week. I started today by making a pizza out of a whole wheat wrap. Creative? I sure think so. Did it work? Kid ate it all. Will I survive till the summer when sis gets vacation? I sure hope so.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best Nanny ever, Gaby and I appreciate you more than you can begin to imagine. Thanks so much for bailing me out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssss!! Power to the non-reproducers. Let's go travel together and have the time of our lives. Yes?

    ReplyDelete