Sunday, January 9, 2011

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

 I promised a "post-worthy" night and I think mission was accomplished, or at least I hope it was. I not only had one "cherry popped", I had another first time experience as well. Remember my Christmas Story post? Well, I'm known to never turn down a double-dog dare, so, my friend Janet decided to give me a good one. "I double-dog dare you to ask a boy out for coffee. He must live in Seattle, and you must be attracted to him. You get extra points if he's a stranger." Wow. What the fuck did I get myself into!? There's a reason some stereotypical duties of a man haven't been replaced by women. We left it that way. The very thought of risking my ego just for a simple positive one syllable word is redonkulous. But at last, I never turn down a dare (within reason, of course). Thus, I was set on enjoying a quaint dinner among friends and consuming enough liquid courage to ask a man out.
 Dinner was filled with stories of sexting, deportation, nipple piercings, skiing, and snow tubing. *Sigh* ahhhh, it's never boring with us, so of course, I was easily distracted from my mission. The night was coming to an end, and the party was dying down. My friends somehow forgot to recharge their internal batteries. I needed to complete this mission and had no back-up. What to do? What to do!? Thankfully, most of my friends got a second wind and decided to continue the night for a bit longer at Oliver's (a hotel bar less than a block away from the restaurant). They are faithful followers of my blog and couldn't let me down. "Gaby was gonna get her blog adventure!"
 "Gaby" threw in the towel as soon as she walked into that bar. LOL Guys, the place was nearly empty and let's just say it was slim pickings. I said, "Fuck it! I'm just gonna enjoy my drink, among great company, and forget my blog." If you know me well enough, you know that didn't happen. I kept wondering what will my post be about. Well, a very helpful attractive friend of mine, Ryan, pointed out that this establishment sold Absinthe. HUZZAH! This was on my "First time" to do list. Score! Bring it on. Couldn't wait to try it.
 Ladies and gents, my heart cried a sad song last night. As our waitress brought our absinthe, I'm baffled by its presentation. Where's the neon electric green liquid, and where's my flying fairy!?! I've been jipped! But at last, the show must go on! I needed an adventure and I was gonna have one. I took a swig and tried to make the best out of it. About 30 minutes later, I still didn't get the experience I thought I would get from absinthe. ALTHOUGH, after time progressed, my level of courage increased. I took the bull by the horns and went for it. I looked straight into Ryan's eyes (or at least I'd like to think I did) and said "Ryan, would you like to have coffee with me?" Of course, Ryan being the sweetheart that he is (poor thing..lol), accepted. However, I forgot to mention I stupidly did this in front of our friends and thought to myself, "Did I just push this poor guy into a corner?!" Oh man, I guess I'm gonna have to not only buy his coffee to make up for it, but maybe I'm gonna have to put out too. Damn it! Why do I care so much?

(Side note: Family members of mine, I'm not the promiscuous woman I'm portraying to be. Don't have a cow, man! and don't go snitching to mom.)

Hmmmm, I didn't get jipped. They just decided to give me the end result...I guess last night's bartender doesn't believe in foreplay. Bastard. It's all about the build up, arse!

4 comments:

  1. such a caring soul you are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, that drink looks nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! it looks nasty, but compared to the jager shot i took before that, it tasted delightful.

    ReplyDelete